a reason
Wednesday, 10 March 2010
I think it has been awhile since I posted something sensible here. So here goes~
I was sick the whole night yesterday. I kept waking up to wet my towel so that I could cool myself down. The heat was unbearable and my nose was practically killing me. Then I started to wonder. When I was little, my Mum had to do the same thing whenever I got sick. So I got the idea of how tough it must have been.
Working was another aspect of my life that I thought about yesterday. Sentences such as 'Kerja ni semua tak perlu lah', 'Kau kerja-kerja abeh dapat duit je tak dapat enjoy'. Sentences that my friends said to me. So I was beginning to wonder if I was doing the right thing. And then I thought of the how god damn expensive the polytechnic fees are. And then I thought of how many types of bills my Mum has to pay every month. I have a reason to work and that reason is to pay for my own expenses so that I would not be a burden to my mother.
I'm trying my best to splurge my money in eating Mcdnonalds and playing pool. But the fact that I am able to not succumb against the temptation of smoking and playing LAN, makes me proud of myself. ^^
Once school starts, I'm going to really work hard. Well, there will be moments I want to enjoy, but the fact that Singapore Polytechnic is a place where some of the brightest O level students go to tells you the level of competitiveness on terms of academic matters.
Sometimes I can't help but feel down when I have to say no to an outing because I'm working. Eventually there will always be a reason when I ask my friends why they don't ask me out with them. The reason will be, ' Kau kerja pe.' The moment I hear that reason, I feel like beating up the person's face. -.-"
Okay I know each paragraph doesn't link to each other. But it's some of the things I had on my mind yesterday. I think I'll end with one of the aims I have.
I WANT TO BE A GOOD PERSON.
I was sick the whole night yesterday. I kept waking up to wet my towel so that I could cool myself down. The heat was unbearable and my nose was practically killing me. Then I started to wonder. When I was little, my Mum had to do the same thing whenever I got sick. So I got the idea of how tough it must have been.
Working was another aspect of my life that I thought about yesterday. Sentences such as 'Kerja ni semua tak perlu lah', 'Kau kerja-kerja abeh dapat duit je tak dapat enjoy'. Sentences that my friends said to me. So I was beginning to wonder if I was doing the right thing. And then I thought of the how god damn expensive the polytechnic fees are. And then I thought of how many types of bills my Mum has to pay every month. I have a reason to work and that reason is to pay for my own expenses so that I would not be a burden to my mother.
I'm trying my best to splurge my money in eating Mcdnonalds and playing pool. But the fact that I am able to not succumb against the temptation of smoking and playing LAN, makes me proud of myself. ^^
Once school starts, I'm going to really work hard. Well, there will be moments I want to enjoy, but the fact that Singapore Polytechnic is a place where some of the brightest O level students go to tells you the level of competitiveness on terms of academic matters.
Sometimes I can't help but feel down when I have to say no to an outing because I'm working. Eventually there will always be a reason when I ask my friends why they don't ask me out with them. The reason will be, ' Kau kerja pe.' The moment I hear that reason, I feel like beating up the person's face. -.-"
Okay I know each paragraph doesn't link to each other. But it's some of the things I had on my mind yesterday. I think I'll end with one of the aims I have.
I WANT TO BE A GOOD PERSON.